Norwich Police Online Reporting System
This system is to report activity that does not require an immediate police response. If you would like to speak with an officer or need immediate assistance, please call the main number at 860-886-5561 Extension 6 to request police services.
Please confirm the following to find out if online police report filing is right for you:
- Is this an Emergency? (If this is an Emergency please call 911)
- Did this incident take place outside the city of Norwich or on I-395?
- Are/Is the suspect(s) known?
- Is there physical evidence at the scene?
- Were there firearms or weapons involved?
- Is someone injured?
If you answered NO to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered YES to any of the questions please contact Norwich Police Dispatch 860-886-5561 Ext. 6. Please Note:
- All cases filed using the online reporting system will be reviewed; however, this report may not be reviewed by an officer for up to 24 hours. If this requires immediate attention, please call 911 for emergencies or 860-886-5561 Ext. 6 for non-emergencies.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- You will need a valid email address to file a report on this system
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Norwich Police Department online reporting system you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
|Theft from a Motor Vehicle||Accident: Private Property with no Injury||Larceny|
|Identity theft||Abandoned Motor Vehicle|
|Property Check Request||Parking Complaint||Suspicious Activity||Suspected Narcotic Activity|
INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINTS/E-MAILSCAMS: These crimes are not handled by local police departments. Please CLICK HERE to refer to IC3, a cooperative effort between the FBI, Bureau of Justice Assistance and White Collar Crime Center for tips and reporting.
(Warning: Internet IP addresses are captured when submitting this form. Intentionally completing a form with false information can result in a criminal investigation)