Go To Search
Norwich Help Center
RSSPrintEmailFacebookTwitter
What is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide, known by its chemical name CO, is a poisonous gas. It is
colorless, odorless and readily mixes in the air. Because you can’t see, taste or
smell CO, it can build up to dangerous levels in your home before you know it’s
there.

Fire-Carbon Monoxide

Show All Answers

1. What is carbon monoxide?
2. Why is carbon monoxide so dangerous?
3. Where does carbon monoxide come from?
4. What are some of the common sources of carbon monoxide?
5. How can I protect my family from carbon monoxide?
6. What should I do if my CO detector alarms or I suspect the presence of CO in my home?