East District School
- Benedict Arnold Walking Trail
- Listed on National Register of Historic Places
The East District School was built in 1789 to serve the needs of the growing Norwich community. Lydia Huntley Sigourney, famous poet and beloved ward of the Dr. Daniel and Jerusha Lathrop, attended school here.
Students were taught spelling geography and mathematics. The fact that it was a single room school house teaching both boys and girls was very progressive for its era. The building is in the Colonial/Georgian style and is similar to the Lathrop School on the Green.