- Human Resources
To enhance the value of the employment relationship for City of Norwich employees and for the city within the framework of Connecticut and federal labor laws, the city’s Merit System Rules, and the various collective bargaining agreements. To provide leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of human resource policy, systems, and programs that support employees in meeting the organization’s commitment to provide quality services to the residents of the City of Norwich.
Description of Services
- Administer the city’s compensation plans, employee benefit plans, and pension plans
- Administer the city’s recruitment, testing pre-employment, and promotional process
- Provide employee and labor relations to all city departments
- Administer and interpret the city’s labor contract and Merit System Rules
- Represent the city’s interest in collective bargaining, grievance, and arbitration matters
- Manage the city’s worker’s compensation program
- Organize specific employee events, training, and safety programs
- Analysis of job classifications
- Work side by side with the city’s Personnel and Pension Board
The City of Norwich is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be advised the elevator in City Hall is temporarily out of service. If you are visiting a department on Floors 2-3 but cannot physically use the stairs, we recommend you call to make an appointment in advance of your arrival. This will enable staff to assist you more efficiently.