To / From the Senior Center
Transportation to the Senior Center is available beginning at 8:30 a.m., with return trips at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Please call the center before noon the day before to schedule a ride for the next day.
Medical Appointments (Within Norwich)
Transportation to medical appointments is available from 8:45 a.m. until 2 p.m. Early reservation is recommended as these appointments fill up quickly, sometimes months ahead.
Wheelchair Van (Within Norwich)
Transportation for medical appointments and shopping is available for seniors needing wheelchair-accessible transportation. Space is limited. Advance reservation required.
Med Ride II (Outside Norwich)
Transportation is now available for seniors or residents of Norwich / Montville with disabilities to out-of-town medical appointments. Please call Anne or Mike at 860-889-5960 to check for availability.
Transportation to local grocery stores is available for members only. If possible, please call by 3 p.m. the day before to sign up for a ride. The schedule is as follows:
- Monday - Stop and Shop
- 9:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Yantic / Taftville
- 10:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. Westside
- Tuesday - Alternate Date for Holidays, see page 10 of newsletter
- Wednesday - Shop Rite and Big Y
- 9:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Westside
- 10:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. Eastside
- Thursday - Stop and Shop
- 9:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. Eastside
- 10:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. City
- Friday - Shop Rite and Big Y
- 9:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. City
- 10:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. Yantic / Taftville
- Yantic/Taftville - Includes St. Jude Commons, Wequonnoc Village
- Westside - Includes Chase Manor, Westwood Park (Dorsey Building), Eastwood Park, Village Court
- Eastside - Includes Hamilton Park, Rosewood Manor, Ahepa, Schwartz Manor, Laurel Hill
- City - Includes Downtown, Lower Boswell Avenue, Blackstone Apartments, Eliza Huntington Home, Greenville (and Starwood Area) Mohegan Park Apartments, Mohegan Village, Sandy Lane Apartments