Fees are established by the City Council. The current fee schedule is enclosed as Appendix VII-A.
Penalties and Fines
- Uncovered vehicles hauling solid waste – up to $50.00
- Dumping Class 1 or 2 not generated in Norwich - $1,000.00
- Littering on public property:
- 10 lbs or less - $50.00 plus clean up charge
- Over 10 pounds - $250.00 plus clean up charge
- Non compliance with recycling program:
- First incident – warning letter
- Second incident (and beyond):
- $50.00 per incident – residential
- $100.00 per incident – commercial
- Contaminated recyclable materials:
- Presenting contaminated materials will not be accepted.
- Contaminated materials dropped off into city containers:
- Fine three (3x) times the class 1 rate for the entire load
- Hauling (commercial only) solid waste without a permit or in violation of a City Ordinance:
- Loss of privileges to haul solid waste in the city and maximum fine allowed for violation of a city ordinance.
- Violation of any solid waste regulation:
- Subject to loss of all disposals and drop off privileges.