City Operations during COVID-19
The coronavirus pandemic has caused unprecedented challenges for our nation, our state, and our community. As a result, we want to share how the City has modified our normal operations to work through this crisis to keep our citizens safe while continuing to provide vital services.
- Our Police and Fire Departments are fully staffed, working and responding as usual.
- Bulky Waste collection resumed June 1st, 2020.
- All recreation programs except for camp have been cancelled and our Senior Center is closed to the public but has essential services.
- City parks are open; however, please practice "social distancing". Playscapes are still closed. Reservations for the 2020 Mohegan Park Pavilion rental season have been cancelled.
- City Hall and the Planning, Building and Zoning Department are open by appointment only.
- Planning, Building and Zoning Department are scheduling in-person and remote inspections.
- The City Clerk's office is taking appointments from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm to process all critical documentation such as birth and death certificates and other legal documents. Please call 860-823-3735 to schedule.
- Taxes may be paid securely on the City website. The City is also offering a limited time lower interest rate on delinquent accounts.
- Youth & Family Services are offering several remote options to meet with staff.
- City Council Meetings along with Budget Hearings are also on our website. Live Streaming meetings are available when the event is live. To call into a Council Meeting, please visit the agenda information for that meeting.
Please stay safe.
City Manager John Salomone & Mayor Peter Nystrom