City Operations during COVID-19
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 23, 2021 - The wearing of masks or cloth face coverings that are compliant with CDC guidelines is required in any private indoor business, and in any places of employment, where social distancing is impractical, unlikely, or difficult to maintain within the City of Norwich, except when eating or drinking until October 22, 2021 unless terminated sooner.
The coronavirus pandemic has caused unprecedented challenges for our nation, our state, and our community. As a result, we want to share how the City has modified our normal operations to work through this crisis to keep our citizens safe while continuing to provide vital services.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED IN CITY OWNED BUILDINGS
- City Hall will be open to the public 8:30 to 4:30 - Some departments may require appointments for specific services. Please contact the department directly.
- Police, Fire and Public Works Departments are fully staffed, working and responding as usual.
- The Senior Center is open to the public June 1st. Please call them directly at 860-889-5960 for current programs and activities.
- City parks are open.
- Taxes may be paid securely on the City website, by mail, or in person.
- City Council Meetings are open to the public. Live Streaming meetings are available when the event is live in addition to public access television. Some Board and Commission meetings may still be held via video or teleconference. Please check their agendas for additional information.
Please stay safe.
City Manager John Salomone